INTRODUCING THE ADVANCED WICKING GARDEN BED
The Advanced Wicking Garden Bed has been developed by Biofilta and KingspanWater working in partnership to make raised wicking garden beds easy.
The Advanced Wicking Garden Bed allows you to setup and plant your garden in less than 15 minutes. No more messing around with liners, rock base or geotextiles – the Advanced Wicking Garden Bed comes with a wicking tray and integrated aeration tubes.
Just add wicking soil mix, plants and water.
The Advanced Wicking Garden Bed is part of the Foodwall™ range where the innovative design creates constant optimal growing conditions through an advanced wicking design which enables aeration, drainage and watering to occur passively all day and night to meet the varying demands of vegetables. No need to spend hours watering a garden, Foodwall™ does it naturally for you.
Connect multiple units together and grow a wide range of vegetables, herbs and flowers without needing pumps to move water through the garden.
- The raised garden bed means less bending and easy access.
- Built using Australian materials for high quality and a long life.
- Assemble the Advanced Wicking Garden Bed in minutes without the need for special tools.
Perfect for residential, commercial, school, café, restaurant, balcony and rooftop gardens.
Designed and Made in Australia by Biofilta Pty Ltd and Kingspan Environmental Pty Ltd.
- Choose from Colorbond® Classic Colour Range
- Fill the water reservoir once a week – time saver.
- Bottom watering means weeds find it harder to establish on the dry surface – time saver.
- Change the water level to suit different plants and seasons.
- Aeration loop allows oxygen exchange with the root zone inside the garden bed to promote healthy root systems.
- No smelly stagnant water like traditional wicking garden beds.
- 10 year warranty.
- Designed and Made in Australia.
- Wicking design allows natural water delivery to meet the needs of the plants.
- As temperature rises, the process naturally wicks more water up to the plants.
- Up to 420 litres of stored water means each garden bed has a week’s worth of water in warm weather and longer in winter.
- Up to 950 litres of wicking mix per garden bed means your plants will produce more food and be more resilient to temperature changes.
- Reduce food miles to food metres by growing your food locally.
- Close the nutrient loop by reusing organic waste by adding compost to your Foodwall™. Especially good if you have a worm farm.
- Reuse water by harvesting rain water and using it with your Foodwall™.
- No electric pumps needed to water plants. Natural wicking through capillary action / bottom watering means water gets to every plant.
- Garden beds are waterproofed with a food-grade internal liner, made from galvanised steel base and heavy duty galvanised or Colourbond® top coating
- All components can be recycled to make other products which reduces landfill waste.
These features let you grow food while saving time to do the things you love, saving space to make the most of what is available and saving water to ensure this precious resource is used sustainably.
Help support local business. Biofilta is an Australian owned company who is continually finding ways to use local suppliers and manufacturers in all things we do. Think local and buy local to support Australian businesses and reduce the carbon footprint of our products.
Installation note: Foodwall™ requires a solid and level surface to ensure water is evenly distributed through all growing tubs.